Improperly Installed Backyard Lighting Causes Fire in Mount Clemens?
Mount Clemens residents spend time around outdoor fire pits and use lighting to improve the look and safety of their homes. Our Mount Clemens and New Baltimore team offer these tips from the National Fire Protection Association for outdoor electrical safety:
Outside Electrical Work
- Have a qualified electrician do all electrical work
- To prevent an electrical shock, make sure all your outside electrical receptacles are ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protected
- Have a professional tree cutting service trim any branches that might fall into electric wiring
- Use lighting and power tools that are listed by a qualified test laboratory and make sure they are made for outdoor use
- Store your electrical tools indoors
- Keep electric tools away from children
- Keep the area around your electric meter and other electrical equipment clean
- Check lighting and extension cords for damage before using. Replace any damaged cords right away
- Use extension cords listed by a qualified test laboratory and marked for outdoor use
- Extension cords are not meant for long-term use
Call Us Today!
You never know if you’ll need fire damage restoration services in your Mount Clemens home or business, but when you do, our Mount Clemens and New Baltimore team will restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 586-598-5050.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.