Is Your Business Ready for Winter Weather in New Baltimore?
New Baltimore businesses trust our Mount Clemens and New Baltimore team to mitigate and repair storm damage quickly and efficiently. Winter is coming, and it’s never too early to winterize your commercial properties.
Here are some tips from the Insurance Institute of Business and Home Safety for preventing plumbing from freezing:
- Inspect and seal or repair all cracks, holes, leaks, windows, doors, and other openings on exterior walls with caulk or insulation to prevent cold air from penetrating the wall cavity.
- Insulate and seal around attic penetrations such as partition walls, vents, plumbing stacks, and electric and mechanical chases.
- Ensure your pipes in hard-to-reach places like attics, crawl spaces, and outside walls are insulated—wrap pipes and faucets in unheated or minimally heated areas of the building.
- Make sure your existing freeze-protection devices and alarms are in good working order. Test freeze stats (low-temperature sensing device) and valves before the weather gets cold.
- Pipes leading to the exterior should be shut off and drained at the start of winter. If these exterior faucets do not have a shut-off valve inside the building, have one installed by a plumber.
- Hire a licensed fire protection specialist to conduct routine maintenance on your sprinkler system. Discuss the system’s exposure to winter weather and potential mitigation options.
When you have storm damage in your New Baltimore business or home, our Mount Clemens and New Baltimore team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 586-598-5050.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.