Away From Home Fire Safety for Mount Clemens Vacationers?
Our team in Mount Clemens and New Baltimore wants everyone renting a peer-to-peer or a rental by owner-type vacation unit to know the fire safety standards for that area. Here are some tips from the National Fire Protection Association for things to review before you book:
- Working smoke alarms are in every sleeping room and outside every room
- Portable fire extinguishers are in the home and are easy to reach
- Working carbon monoxide alarms are outside each separate sleeping area
- The owner has posted a floor plan. It notes all escape routes and exits and provides emergency contact information.
- Everyone knows the address of the home
- Everyone staying in the home knows two ways out of every room and how to escape in an emergency
- All doors and windows that lead outside can be opened
- An outside meeting place has been chosen a safe distance away from the home
- Everyone knows how to call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number from a cell phone from outside
- All pathways are free and clear of tripping hazards
- Electrical outlets are free from multiple cords and adaptors
- The stovetop is clear. Anything that can catch fire is not near the stovetop, such as curtains and towels
When you have fire damage in your Mount Clemens home or business, our team in Mount Clemens and New Baltimore is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 586-598-5050.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.