Harrison Charter Township?
Harrison Charter Township businesses have relied on SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore, to restore storm damage for years. Michigan storms can happen with little advanced warning. Here are some tips from the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety on things you can do to prepare your business for a winter storm:
Monitor the weather
- Find a reliable source for severe weather information. Follow the National Weather Service (NWS) Weather Prediction Center. (WPC) on Facebook or Twitter and your local NWS office. Tune in to local news often when winter weather is forecast.?
- Enable wireless emergency alerts on your cell phone
- Purchase a weather alert radio that broadcasts emergency alerts from the National Weather Service, preferably one with a hand crank
- Communicate the emergency preparedness plan to all employees
- To help prevent freezing, keep the building’s internal thermostat always set to at least 55°F
- For small commercial properties, open cabinet doors and let all faucets drip during extremely cold weather to prevent water from freezing inside the pipes
- If you have self-regulating heating cables on your roof, ensure they are turned on before the event
- If you have services with contractors scheduled, follow up with them to confirm their services. This could be for snow removal or a portable generator rental delivery.
- Ensure you have plenty of fuel for generators
When your Harrison Charter Township commercial business or home has storm damage, SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 586-598-5050.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.