Tips for Staying Safe During a Storm
Common safety rules and precautions state that the public should generally try to stay inside of a safe area or building when a lightning storm or thunderstorm occurs. There are many commercial buildings in the Naples area. SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore wants to share the following safety tips for staying safe during a thunderstorm while inside a commercial building:
- Stay away from all windows or glass walls, especially during a lightning storm
- Unplug appliances if possible
- Pay attention to all alerts and warnings, as a thunderstorm can develop into a tornado if powerful enough
- Avoid running water if possible since electricity can travel through plumbing
Weather is unpredictable. Although the weather can be predicted, it can also change in an instant without much warning. If a thunderstorm does happen to turn into tornado weather in Macomb County, consider the following tips:
- If the commercial building has a basement or storm cellar, head there immediately
- Use your arms to protect your head and neck in the event of flying debris or shattered windows
- Do not leave the safe area until the local alerting system says it is safe to do so
Remember, SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore is here to help. Our trained team members will show up ready to go and can assist in cleanup and restoration after a thunderstorm, lightning storm and even a tornado.
Independently owned and operated by SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore.