Commercial lighting equipment safety information for Macomb County
According to the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association), one of the most common causes of commercial fires is electrical and lighting equipment. This type of fire is not easily predicted, as the lighting equipment can look totally fine on the outside in your Macomb County business. SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore wants to share the following information about commercial fires and how safety equipment helps to lessen the damage and can assist in preventing any bodily injury:
- Wet pipe sprinklers installed in the ceilings of commercial buildings are very effective in helping to fight the fire(s)
- Building sprinklers should be examined and tested every 5 years
- There should always be a fire extinguisher in reach inside of a commercial building and they must be checked annually to ensure they are in working order
- If an office building is on fire, exit the building immediately and do not try to fight the fire yourself
- If there is a lot of smoke inside the building, cover your mouth and nose and do your best to not inhale any of it
In the unfortunate event that a commercial building does catch fire, rest assured that SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore is prepared to help clean up any fire damage the building/area has sustained.
SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore is independently owned and operated.