SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore Remediates Fire and Smoke Damage in the Home
Checking that your smoke detector is working properly is important, especially during the holidays. If your Thanksgiving baking goes south, your smoke detector can help you prevent a fire or at least help save lives.
We’ve learned at SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore that Thanksgiving Day is the peak day for house fires in the United States, with the day before Thanksgiving being the second (according the NFPA – National Fire Protection Association).
Traditional Thanksgiving dinners aren’t more dangerous than other meals. The biggest source of home fires is the kitchen, where unattended cooking is the major contributor to house fires. On Thanksgiving, more people than usual are cooking or reheating meals from favorite vendors or from relatives. More people are in the kitchen, which leads to confusion.
A working smoke detector may alert people to smoke before the kitchen bursts into flames. Remember: fire moves quickly; a small fire can consume a two-story house in under five minutes.
Even small fires can cause smoke damage, soot, or odors that defy normal attempts at removal. Call us at 586-598-5050. We are always available in emergencies – even on Thanksgiving itself.
Time for Nonsense
It’s Dracula’s favorite holiday: Fangs-giving!
Pesky, naughty ghost turkeys are poultry-geists
The turkey’s death is the case of fowl play
Wow, that was terrible.
SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore (586-598-5050) is available 24/7/52.
We are franchise professionals with extensive experience and training in remediating damage from smoke and soot, messes from fire-suppression tools (including water damage), and odor removal.
Fire damage is dangerous as well as unsightly:
- Soot and smoke corrode plaster, drywall, tile, wiring, and even metal
- Particles from soot and smoke can irritate people’s eyes and throats
- Smoke damage may worsen existing respiratory or cardiac problems
- Smoke follows air currents, so it can end up hidden in places far from the kitchen
- Soot and smoke hide the HVAC system
No matter how large or small the damage, our teams can remediate it. We will help restore the room or house to its preloss condition.
- Find even hidden damage
- Remove smoke damage and soot deposits
- Replace destroyed drywall, flooring, or (if the damage really spread) roof shingles
- Remove odors
If the service isn’t on the list, just ask us; we don’t have the space to list everything.
If the damage was extensive, don’t worry about dealing with the insurance company. We work directly with most insurance companies.
- If you have not checked the smoke detectors, do so now.
- Unless your smoke detectors have 5-year batteries, replace batteries every six months.
- Don’t remember how long it has been? Replace them today.
To Everyone in Mount Clemens, New Baltimore, and Families (From all of us at SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore):
Have a delightful and safe Thanksgiving!