Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water damage can happen at any time and for many reasons. Plumbing systems can break, and inclement weather can cause flooding and storm damage. Our Mount Clemens and New Baltimore team has extensive experience mitigating and restoring water damage in the Mount Clemens area. Our technicians are on-call and ready to respond to water damage emergencies 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Our fast emergency response time is key to minimizing the potential for secondary damage and related structural issues. Our team in Mount Clemens and New Baltimore typically arrives onsite within four hours of your call for help. If you have a flooding or other severe water damage issue, it is extremely important to stay safe in these dangerous conditions until help arrives.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (586) 598-5050
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.