Water Intrusion Prevention Tips for Mount Clemens
Storm damage can happen at any time in Michigan. The weather here can be unpredictable, and storms have been known to blow in unexpectedly. SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in Mount Clemens. The Insurance Information Institute offers these helpful tips for protecting your home from storm damage:
Exterior Inspection and Repair
Water can be prevented from entering a structure’s exterior through routine inspection and maintenance and making repairs as needed.
- Caulk and seal windows
- Inspect the roof for missing and aging shingles
- Check rain gutters and drainage systems and remove any debris
- Check downspouts and clear any clogs and make sure they are draining away from the structure
- Check sprinkler systems and make sure the sprinklers are not spraying water onto the structure and that water is not pooling around the structure’s foundation
- Make sure water drains away from the building.Water is invasive and will find its way into a structure easily when water is allowed to pool around the foundation. After a storm, or when the ground is already saturated by rainwater, the water may enter into the foundation wall through any cracks.
SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore has a team of highly trained technicians ready to respond to your call 24-hours a day in Mount Clemens. Call us today at 586-598-5050. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.