Escape Planning Tips for New Baltimore?
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports that of the 71 percent of people who have a fire escape plan, only 41 percent have tested it. SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in New Baltimore and offer these tips for escape planning from the NFPA:
- Draw a map of your home showing all doors and windows. Discuss the plan with everyone in your home.
- Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible. Make sure all doors and windows leading outside open easily.
- Have an outside meeting place (like a tree, light pole, or a mailbox) a safe distance away from the home where everyone can meet
- Practice your home fire drill at night and during the day with everyone in your home, twice a year
- Practice using different ways out
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them
- Close doors behind you as you leave as a closed-door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire
- Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area
- Install alarms on every level of the home
- Households with children should consider drawing a floor plan of your home, marking two ways out of each room, including windows and doors
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.