Wood Stove Fire Damage in Mount Clemens?
Heating Safety Tips
For a time, I lived in Mount Clemens in a house with a wood-burning stove. Looking back, it’s a miracle that a fire didn’t burn down the house before I discovered that the stovepipe ended at the ceiling! From the outside, it looked like the stovepipe was installed correctly, but the stovepipe was sending embers into the attic space for at least three months before I saw the problem and called my landlord.
Fire damage happens more frequently during the cooler winter months, and SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore has been mitigating fire damage in the Mount Clemens area for years. Here are some heating safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association to help prevent heating fires this winter:
- Install wood burning stoves following manufacturer’s instructions or have a professional do the installation.
- All fuel burning equipment should be vented to the outside to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Keep anything that can burn at least three-feet away from heating equipment like the fireplace, furnace, wood stove, or portable space heater.
- Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional.
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore is ready to respond to fire damage emergencies 24 hours a day. Call us today at 586-598-5050. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage in Mount Clemens, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore is Independently Owned and Operated.