Frozen Pipe in Mount Clemens?
Frozen pipes, oh my!
One winter, I went with my friend to do a winter inspection of her family’s vacation home. We discovered a burst pipe had caused significant damage to the plumbing and flooded the house. It was costly to repair, and she made sure to take protective measures to avoid a situation like this from happening in the future. SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore restores storm damage of all kinds, and has been helping residents in the Mount Clemens area for years, 24 hours a day.
Here are some tips from the American Red Cross on what to do to protect pipes from freezing:
- Drain water from the swimming pool and water sprinkler supply lines.
- Remove, drain, and store hoses used outdoors. Close inside valves supplying outdoor hose bibs. Open the outside hose bibs to allow water to drain. Keep the outside valve open so the water remaining in the pipe can expand without causing a pipe to break.
- Add insulation to attics, basements, and crawl spaces.
- Check around the home for other areas water supply lines are located in unheated areas. Insulate hot and cold water pipes in these areas.
- Insulate exposed pipes.
- Consider relocating exposed pipes to provide increased protection from freezing.
When you need help restoring storm-damaged property, SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 586-598-5050. We’ll clean and restore your storm damage in Mount Clemens, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore is Independently Owned and Operated.