Be Prepared for Flooding in New Baltimore
Reducing Flood Damage in Macomb County:
Floods are the most common natural disaster in the U.S. They can happen anywhere, anytime. 25% of flood claims come from low-risk areas. SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore knows we can’t prevent storms. We can, however, reduce the amount of flood damage.
Lower the Risk of Flood Damage in Macomb County:
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) reports that flood insurance is available even in low-risk areas
- Check your county planning department to see if you live in a flood plain
- Raise equipment off the basement floor
- Build barriers to stop flood water from getting into the basement
- Use waterproofing sealants to avoid water damage
- Do not keep important information or possessions in the basement
- Back up computer files and keep them in a safe location
- Install a sump pump
- Install a drainage systems or flood wall in your yard
SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore wants you to be safe.