If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (586) 598-5050

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Halloween Candle Fire in Mount Clemens?

10/13/2020 (Permalink)

A scary Halloween pumpkin is shown sitting lit by candles, sitting on the wooden floor of a home. Don’t let your Halloween pumpkin start a fire in Mount Clemens this year!

Out of Control Candle fire?

There may not be many choices of Halloween events to attend this year due to the pandemic, and some residents are opting to have small parties at home rather than risk exposure by trick or treating in the neighborhoods. According to the  National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) thirty-seven percent of Halloween home fires start from candles. SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore has witnessed firsthand the damage fires do to homes and have been providing fire cleanup and restoration services to the Mount Clemens community for years. Here are some tips from the NFPA to keep your “little monsters” safe from fire:

  • Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
  • When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric
  • Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them.
  • Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters
  • Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costume. 
  • Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working.

Call Us Today

If your Mount Clemens property experiences fire damage, SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore wants to help. Call us today at 586-598-5050.

SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore is Independently Owned and Operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts