Space Heater Fire in Warren, MI
Space Heater Safety
SERVPRO recommends the following safety tips for anyone using a space heater, particularly in the bedroom:
- Use the space heater in a dry location, never use in the bathroom as the moisture has the potential to damage the interior of the heater
- The space heater should be plugged directly into the electrical outlet and never into a strip plug or extension cord
- When running a space heater, it should be the only device plugged into the outlet as they draw much power during operation
- Unplug the heater when not using
- If going to sleep or leaving the room, turn off the heater and unplug it
- Place the heater at least three feet in distance from any combustible items and never run electrical cords under rugs or carpeting as they can ignite and cause a fire if the cord overheats.
SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore at (586) 598-5050 has expert, certified technicians available 24/7 for fire damage restoration services. With their advanced equipment and using the latest methods for cleaning, they make the fire loss, "Like it never even happened."