What to know about Mold
Mold is a fungus that can grow in your home or business. There is also no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in an indoor environment; but you can control indoor mold growth with moisture control and making sure your home or business is properly insulated.
Here are a few things and tips you can use to make sure you are keeping your home or business free of mold growth:
- Fix the source of any water problem you may have.
- Reduce indoor humidity to 30-60%
- Vent bathrooms and dryers
- Use air conditioners and dehumidifiers
- Use exhaust fans when cooking, dishwashing and cleaning
- Increase ventilation
- Clean and dry any damp materials or furnishings within 24-48 hours
- Don't install carpeting in areas where moisture is an issue, for example by the front door/back door.
If you happen to find mold growth in your home or business, we are always here to help.
Call SERVPRO of Mount Clemens/ New Baltimore at 586-598-5050!