Why Water Mitigation?
As mitigation specialists, SERVPRO of Mount Clemens/ New Baltimore Professionals focus on reducing loss, enabling quick recoveries and lessening costs involved with restoration of property damage events.
- Mitigation reduces losses of life and property.
- Mitigation enables people to recover more quickly from a disaster.
- Mitigation lessens the financial impact of disasters.
The Water Mitigation Process:
- Extraction of excess water.
- Mold and microbial prevention.
- Drying Process: Dehumidification and Evaporation.
- Monitoring the drying process.
- Rebuild and the final cleanup.
Speed is the key!
Immediate responses lessens damage:
- Less Wood and Drywall Saturation
- Less Delamination
- Reduced carpet and furniture stains
- Fewer warping hardwood floors
- Less Mold/Mildew
- Less Contents Damage
SERVPRO of Mount Clemens/ New Baltimore's Response Guidelines: 1, 4, 8
- A SERVPRO Professional will contact you within an hour of contacting our National Call Center.
- Within 4 hours of receiving the loss we will be on-site to start mitigation.
- Within 8 business hours of the initial visit we will conduct a verbal briefing with your adjuster.
If you need mitigation at your home or business, call us direct at 586-598-5050!
Benefits of Mitigation
As mitigation specialists, SERVPRO of Mount Clemens/New Baltimore Professionals focus on reducing loss, enabling quick recoveries and lessening costs involved with restoration of property damage events.
Mitigation has many benefits and helps save many people time and money.
Benefits for the Claims Professional:
- Increasing customer satisfaction through immediate attention!
- Reducing costs per claim.
- Closing claims more rapidly
- Enhancing your company's reputation as a responsive insurer.
- Improving policyholder retention.
Benefits for the Policyholder by reducing:
- The amount of time a policyholder is inconvenienced.
- The amount of time business is interrupted.
- The potential for mold growth.
- The loss of personal valuables and beloved belongings.
- The cost of insurance.
Benefits for the Policyholder by increasing:
- The insured's satisfaction with the claims experience.
- The insured's trust in your company as a responsive insurer.
- The potential for preserving irreplaceable heirlooms, art and sentimental treasures.
- The amount of structure and contents that are restored.
Taking Precautions on Mold
SERVPRO of Mount Clemens/ New Baltimore professionals handle water damages every day and know prompt action is required to prevent mold growth.
Mold is more likely to spread when an environment has been subject to moisture for a long period of time. If your property has sustained a recent water damage, it is vital to have the excess water removed and the structure dried promptly.
If you have an ongoing moisture problem in the building it is important to be on the look out for:
- The presence of visible mold
- Strong musty odors which may indicate mold is present.
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
Any of these conditions may require the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/ Environmental Professional to inspect the building for possible mold growth.
If you have visible mold in your home, give our office a call to have a SERVPRO Professional come out and take a look to figure out what is the best way to remediate the problem.
5 Ways to keep Flood Waters Out
SERVPRO of Mount Clemens/ New Baltimore is always here to help. It is important to take precautionary measure to protect your commercial business against floods and flood damage.
Here are a few tips to help keep flood waters from getting inside your business:
- Seal Cracks: Use high quality caulk to seal cracks and utility pipe penetrations.
- Sump Pump: Connect sump pumps to a battery backup or a generator.
- Backflow Valve: Install backflow valves on main waste drain pipes that leave the structure.
- Protect Openings: Keep a supply of water-absorbent or water-filled barriers to divert water away. Install watertight seals over all doors and windows at leave 12 inches above anticipated flood level.
- Slope: Evaluate the drainage of the property to make sure the ground slopes away from the building.
If you happen to have water damage, call our office at 586-598-5050 and will send a crew of water mitigation professionals out to your business.
Winter Commercial Maintenance
SERVPRO of Mount Clemens/New Baltimore is always here so we want to give your commercial business some winter maintenance tips to avoid any winter damage this season. Here are some helpful roof maintenance tips for your commercial business.
- Inspect your roof for any obvious signs of damage. It may need maintenance or repair.
- Winterize your roof, snow brings added weight and this extra pressure can be hard to handle if the durability of the roof has been compromised. Thawing and freezing can affect the membrane and many other components of your roof.
- Maintain or upgrade your roof regularly. A roof endures more environmental exposure and abuse than any other part of a building. Preventative maintenance on small issues can be vital to your overall life of the roof.
If you happen to have water damage due to roof problems, it is important to have the original damage addressed before starting water mitigation.
If you have any questions call our office at 586-598-5050!
New Amazon Warehouse to Shelby Township
This fall it was confirmed that Amazon.com Inc. will be opening a 1 million-square-foot distribution center in Shelby Township. This is going to be great economic growth for our community. It is expected to create over 1,000 new jobs in the area.
The facility is actually being built close by on 23 mile and Mound roads. The opening is set to happen this year (2018), this would mark the company's third large-scale regional distribution center in metro detroit. The other two centers are located in Livonia and Romulus.
This is a huge development to be coming to our community. We are excited to have such a great company coming to our neighborhood and boosting the economy for our fellow michiganders.
SERVPRO of Mount Clemens/New Baltimore welcomes Amazon to the neighborhood. Looking forward to seeing the new facility.
What to know about Mold
Mold is a fungus that can grow in your home or business. There is also no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in an indoor environment; but you can control indoor mold growth with moisture control and making sure your home or business is properly insulated.
Here are a few things and tips you can use to make sure you are keeping your home or business free of mold growth:
- Fix the source of any water problem you may have.
- Reduce indoor humidity to 30-60%
- Vent bathrooms and dryers
- Use air conditioners and dehumidifiers
- Use exhaust fans when cooking, dishwashing and cleaning
- Increase ventilation
- Clean and dry any damp materials or furnishings within 24-48 hours
- Don't install carpeting in areas where moisture is an issue, for example by the front door/back door.
If you happen to find mold growth in your home or business, we are always here to help.
Call SERVPRO of Mount Clemens/ New Baltimore at 586-598-5050!
How Mold Grows
There is no known number of species of mold, we know of at least 20,000 but there can be as many as 300,000 different species of mold.
Mold grows by sending out different branches. There are four kinds, Hyphae, root-like Hyphae, Surface Hyphae, and spore-producing structure.
It is important with mold to contain the spread of any spores. That is why we set up containment around the affected areas when we are doing mold cleanup.
Mold begins as a tiny spore, the spore mass is actually much smaller than the pinhead, they contain thousands of spores. When something causes the spores to be aerosolized, the spores are set free, letting them set up shop and grow elsewhere. This is why containment is important.
If you think you may have mold in your home or business we are always here to help. Give SERVPRO of Mount Clemens/New Baltimore a call: 586-598-5050
Hurricanes: Deadly Natural Disasters
Did you know that hurricanes can be up to 600 miles wide and have strong winds up to 200 mph?
During 2017, we experienced four major hurricanes, which means they were category 3 or higher.
Before having updated technology and weather tracking the U.S. was vulnerable to more extreme amounts of fatalities from major hurricanes. Luckily now we can track them in enough time to give the area of destruction warnings and time to evacuate the area.
Though we may have had quite a few major hurricanes last year they were not apart of some of the deadliest that the U.S. has seen. However this past hurricane season was one of the costliest that the U.S. has seen since 1900. There was over $200 billion in damages to the states affected by these hurricanes, Harvey, Irma, Jose and Maria.
Hurricanes are definitely a scary thing to see, we are proud to be apart of the SERVPRO family and to see all of the great work some of our other teams have done to help people rebuild their homes and businesses after these disasters.
Essential Winter Maintenance Tips for Commercial Buildings
SERVPRO of Mount Clemens/New Baltimore is always here to help. It is crucial that businesses and homes maintain their properties over the winter to avoid any pipes freezing or other winter weather damage.
Many people may not know that we do offer commercial restoration services, but we always want to be here as a preventative measure. That is why we are offering you some maintenance tips for your commercial facilities.
- Winterize cooling systems
- Inspect the heating systems, examine fumes and carbon buildup
- Calibrate thermostats, more efficient and cost saving
- Change old air filters
- Inspect doors and windows for leaks or gaps in insulation
- Clean gutters
- Inspect interior and exterior faucets
- Repair sidewalk cracks
- Inspect the roof or attic
- Prepare for power outages, make sure batteries are charged for flashlights